Rockshox Pike DJ Solo Air RCT3 26" forks
Jumps are getting bigger, tricks are evolving further, and the slopestyle and dirt jumping crowd needs a fork that facilitates this progression.
Enter Pike DJ: little brother to the award winning Pike, with the stout 35mm chassis, it is light enough to boost higher, and stiff enough to shred berms harder. The custom tuned Charger damper stands up on jump faces and the specific Solo Air system provides heaps of bottom-out progression to help butter the landings. Everything you love in Pike, but cleared for the biggest take-offs.
- Weight: 1.845g (4.06lb)
- Damping: Charger Damper
- Springs: Solo Air
- Adjustments: External rebound, low speed compression
- Crown: Forged, hollow 7050 aluminium
- Upper Tubes: 35mm, Tapered Wall aluminium, Low friction anodised Fast Black
- Lowers: Magnesium, 15x100mm Maxle Ultimate
- Recommended Rear Shock: Monarch
- Maximum Rotor Size: 200mm
- Air Guides: RockShox print Air Guides on all of their air-sprung forks. Maybe not a technological feat, but it will help you set up your suspension in seconds instead of minutes. And more time on your bike equals more chances to earn King of the Mountain on your favourite trail. Maybe they are a technological feat.
- Charger Damper: Performance focused, benefits include; No compromise for lockout -The efficiency circuits (Pedal and Lock) sit behind the performance damping, meaning no sacrifice in bump performance for shredding downhill while keeping the ability to maintain pedalling stability for those leg burning climbs, Rapid Recovery - More control with less energy. Bladder Charged, the extruded bladder design is insanely durable, resists damping change during extended downhills and has virtually zero pressure offset for small bump sensitivity. Trail Tuned, the RCT3 features Open with an adjustable low speed compression, Pedal and Lock.
- Maxle Ultimate: Basic things like axles are often the easiest to overlook. Put one hand on the Maxle Ultimate, though, and you’ll be glad they paid serious attention to the finer details. Because one hand is all it takes to remove or install the Maxle Ultimate. Lever-placement personalisation is accomplished completely without the use of tools. Available for both front and rear, Maxle Ultimate is the easiest-to-operate axle system in the world. No tools, no worries, so you can concentrate on the trail ahead.
- Power Bulge: When you need your forearms to be stronger for more control, you bulk them up in the gym. When you need more durability from your fork, bulk them up with Power Bulge. Other companies just increase the stanchion size adding extra weight. Power Bulge simply reinforces the lower leg to allow for an oversized bushing, increasing stiffness and maximising your ride.
- Rapid Recovery: Who doesn't want more available wheel travel for successive hits? The Rapid Recovery System allows the shock to recovery faster between consecutive bumps, letting the wheel track the ground with greater precision. This more active suspension system doesn’t pack up and enables the bike to ride in a higher and softer part of the spring rate. Rapid Recovery gives the rider access to more available wheel travel, bump after bump, to achieve a smoother and more controlled ride.
- Solo Air: Solo Air is like a Buddhist monk. Its enlightened design lets you add air to your forks through a single Schrader valve, filling both the positive and negative air spring chambers simultaneously. So they’re always in perfect equilibrium, like Yin and Yang. Giving you a plush, predictable ride you can set up in seconds, with the lightest weight air spring on the market.